10 hrs 30 mins
A busy day (crock pot) supper that is complete served with biscuits or bread. Directions include freezing and re-heating directions - can be frozen for up to one month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices (or your favorite smoked sausage cut into slices)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (or 1 3/4 cup water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
For crumb topping
- 1Put first 10 ingredients (pork - pepper)in crock pot, cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours (or on high heat for 4-5 hours).
- 2Stir in tomatoes, cover and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- 3To make crumb topping: combine crumb topping ingredients in a plastic baggie. Sprinkle crumb mixture over stew and cook 15 minutes longer.
- 4***To make ahead and freeze. Prepare stew as directed and turn into a 3-quart casserole, freeze covered for up to one month. Topping can also be frozen (separately) for up to one month. To serve: Thaw casserole and crumb topping in refrigerator for up to 2 days ahead of time. Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Bake casserole covered for 30 minutes, uncover and sprinkle with crumb topping and bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.2
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 1348.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 44.0 g