Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Here is our family secret recipe. Don't tell I'm sharing. So easy and good. If you don't like sauerkraut please don't try it. You can substitute pork chops for the pork roast if desired.
- 1. Brown roast in frying pan.
- 2. After browning put roast in crock pot.
- 3. Drain half the brine off the sauerkraut and pour sauerkraut over the roast.
- 4. Core apple and slice thinly. Put on top of sauerkraut.
- 5. Peel and chop onion and place on top of the rest.
- 5. Sprinkle brown sugar over top.
- 6. Pour beer over the top.
- 7. Cook on high for 5 hours or low all day until roast is tender.
- Salt & pepper to taste as some sauerkraut is salty.
- I serve with mashed potatoes and a veg.
This is definately a man-pleasing meal! Meat, sauerkraut, and beer. It pleased this woman too! I didn't even brown the roast. I just put everything in the crockpot as directed and cooked on low for 8 hours. The directions didn't say how much beer, so I used 12 ounces. Will make this again. Thanks Aronsinvest. Great dinner, Sue