Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I adapted this recipe from the cookbook that came with my crock-pot. Your house will smell wonderful as it cooks! Serve with a green veggie and potatoes.
- 1 boneless pork roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- black pepper
- Place roast in crock pot. Cover with olive oil and roll to coat.
- Sprinkle with pepper, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Pour the wine and chicken stock in next to the roast. Add the garlic to the broth and tuck the lemon slices around the roast.
- Put the lid on and set to cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
This was a great crock pot roast. It is different from "usual" roast. My husband thought the lemon and rosemary were too overpowering but I thought it was a very good change of pace. Next time I'm going to cut back a little on the rosemary & lemon but still a great dish! Thank you for the recipe!