Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from a friend. You can also use pork chops. I'm guessing on the sizes of the jars. Just mix 1 to 1. NOTE: You must use horseradish SAUCE, not ground horseradish. Ground is way too powerful! :)
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork roast
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (12 ounce) jar horseradish sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Place onion slices in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Brown pork roast in a skillet on all sides.
- Place roast on onion slices.
- In a bowl, mix apricot preserves with horseradish sauce; pour over roast in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I was absolutely sure that there would be WAY TO MUCH horseradish sauce in this recipe, but made it according to the directions anyway ~ Well, I'm glad I did, 'cause the result was OUTSTANDING!! The only drawback was that I made it for some house-bound neighbors [but since I'd sliced it for them, I got to taste it, anyway]! Definitely have to make it all for myself [& my other half, of course!] another time or two or three! Great & simple recipe! Thanks for posting it!
This is just about the best pork crock recipe I have ever made. It is also very good with chicken or rabbit. Very suculent and the sauce is wonderful.
This was very tasty Cheesehead, very tasty. We both really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish. The thick sauce was sweet/tangy, smooth/velvety and completely covered the tender roast. The apricot and horseradish are wonderful together. Thank you for sharing this treat.