Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- pork roast (sized to fit your crock pot)
- 765.43 g can sauerkraut
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 29.58-59.16 ml caraway seeds
- 2 sliced green apples
- 8 small red potatoes
- Layer 1/2 of the sauerkraut, 1/2 of the onion slices, sprinkle 1/2 of the caraway seeds and 1/2 of the apples on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Brown (optional) the roast on top of the stove and place on top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients (including the juice from sauerkraut).
- Wash and pierce potatoes once and arrange around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I made this for dinner tonight since it was the first 'real' Fall day we've had in awhile.
I have to say, I thought it was HORRIBLE! The carroway seed took away from the flavor of everything else in the recipe!
I will never make this again!
Excellent! I cooked it according to the recipe, for about 9 hours. This is definitely the juciest pork I've ever cooked. The red potatoes I was able to get were not the tiny ones, and they did not get done, but the rest was delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Good taste. Need to try it again.