Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- pork roast (sized to fit your crock pot)
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 2 -4 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 sliced green apples
- 8 small red potatoes
- Layer 1/2 of the sauerkraut, 1/2 of the onion slices, sprinkle 1/2 of the caraway seeds and 1/2 of the apples on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Brown (optional) the roast on top of the stove and place on top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients (including the juice from sauerkraut).
- Wash and pierce potatoes once and arrange around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I made this for dinner tonight since it was the first 'real' Fall day we've had in awhile.
I have to say, I thought it was HORRIBLE! The carroway seed took away from the flavor of everything else in the recipe!
I will never make this again!
Excellent! I cooked it according to the recipe, for about 9 hours. This is definitely the juciest pork I've ever cooked. The red potatoes I was able to get were not the tiny ones, and they did not get done, but the rest was delicious! Definitely a keeper!
I made this for Sunday dinner tonight, and I goofed up this morning when I was supposed to put this in the crock pot. I was tired and turned my alarm off and went back to sleep until 1 PM (Oops! :( ) ...so, I layered everything in a casserole dish just as you said to in the crock pot and then I roasted it in my oven on 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The pork came out so moist and everyone really liked the apples with the sauerkraut. I will definitely be making this again, maybe on a work morning when I don't have the choice to fall back asleep. Thanks for the Great Recipe *PENNY*!