Top Review by marli_love2006
I made this for dinner tonight since it was the first 'real' Fall day we've had in awhile.
I have to say, I thought it was HORRIBLE! The carroway seed took away from the flavor of everything else in the recipe!
I will never make this again!
- pork roast (sized to fit your crock pot)
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 2 -4 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 sliced green apples
- 8 small red potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer 1/2 of the sauerkraut, 1/2 of the onion slices, sprinkle 1/2 of the caraway seeds and 1/2 of the apples on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Brown (optional) the roast on top of the stove and place on top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients (including the juice from sauerkraut).
- Wash and pierce potatoes once and arrange around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.