Recipe by Foxxyladyone
Pork Roast and Kraut are not just for New Years Day anymore. What a delicious and easy way to get your vegetables in! Prepare with my recipe for creamy mashed potatoes and add some green beans on the side for a perfectly rounded meal including 2 vegetables!
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. I put this on before leaving for work in the morning. Hubby gets home earlier then I do, so he put the sauerkraut in. I think I would have liked it a bit more if the sauerkraut would have cooked all day with the pork. I think it would have made the pork tastier.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast (frozen)
- seasoning, of choice (not salt, it's in the sauerkraut, i like sage, basil, pepper and sometimes a little bit of nutmeg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove roast from freezer.
- Remove all wrappings.
- Place in a crock pot, fat side up.
- Pour water over just to cover half of roast.
- Add seasonings.
- Put lid on crock pot and turn on low.
- After 7 hours add sauerkraut around the sides.
- (If you desire to brown remove from crock pot at this point and place in oven at 350).
- Ready to eat after sauerkraut is heated through.