Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I decided to come up with my own Pork Roast recipe for a crock pot. I took a few ideas from the other recipes and this is what I came up with.
- 907.18 g boneless pork loin roast
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cayenne (red pepper)
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (1 inch cubes)
- 473.18 ml baby carrots
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- Rinse and dry roast.
- Combine all dry seasonings and rub onto roast.
- Use olive oil to brown the roast.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and roast into crock pot and set to low for 6 hours.
I made this for my family. My husband tells me every night at dinner that that night's dinner was the best dinner he has ever had. However, when he tells me that a dinner is "screamin"... I know it is a really great dinner. Not only did I get a "screamin" response to this meal.. it was also named in the top 3 they have ever had... including their mothers. (My husband's friend was also present for dinner.) My 8 year old stepson requested 2nds! I'd say it is a keeper! Thank you for posting! Please note: I used a picnic pork roast. I cut the majority of the fat off of the roast, fried it up in a pan, and used that fat (rather than oil) to sear the roast before putting it in the slow cooker. It allowed the dinner to keep the pork fat flavor that they love.