Throw it in the crock pot on New Year's Eve before you go out, and dinner the next day will be ready; all you have to do is fix the mashed potatoes. Slow, low cooking makes a roast that is very tender. Delicious!! I used to manage a doctor's office, and our Blue Cross rep told me that her family made this every year for New Year's.
- Place pork roast in crock pot.
- Pour sauerkraut over pork roast.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix and brown sugar over the pork and sauerkraut.
- Pour the water over everything.
- Cook on low for 24 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.