Recipe by Just Janie
A great recipe for a rolled pork roast like the ones from Costco that tend to be a little dry & tough. The sauce can be thickened with a flour/water sauce for a flavorful gravy with pepper added. No salt is necessary as the condensed soup adds plenty! Sometimes I add 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix sprinkling it right on the meat before cooking, Increase spices according to your taste.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
Made this as written with a few adjustments. I omitted the rosemary, mushrooms, dry onion soup mix and the can of cream of mushroom soup. Used a 2 1/2 pound pork loin roast, added a chopped onion, 2 medium potatoes cubed and 3 carrots sliced. Cooked on low for 6 hours and enjoyed the smell during the day. Came out moist with wonderful flavor and tender vegetables. Using 1 can of golden mushroom soup and 1 cup of beef broth there was plenty of thick gravy. Thanks !
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons better than bouillon, Beef flavor
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 rolled pork loin roast (about 4 - 5 lb)
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1/2 pkg )
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub combined spices all over roast.
- Place one can of the soup on bottom a crock pot, sprayed with Pam.
- Set roast on top of soup.
- If using dry onion soup, sprinkle over roast.
- Cover roast with mushrooms.
- Top with remaining can of soup.
- Combine bullion concentrate with hot water.
- Pour around sides of roast.
- Cover & cook on low for 6 - 8 hours depending on your crockpot.
- Remove roast and thicken liquid for gravy add additional pepper to taste.