A great recipe for a rolled pork roast like the ones from Costco that tend to be a little dry & tough. The sauce can be thickened with a flour/water sauce for a flavorful gravy with pepper added. No salt is necessary as the condensed soup adds plenty! Sometimes I add 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix sprinkling it right on the meat before cooking, Increase spices according to your taste.
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons better than bouillon, Beef flavor
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 rolled pork loin roast (about 4 - 5 lb)
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1/2 pkg )
- Rub combined spices all over roast.
- Place one can of the soup on bottom a crock pot, sprayed with Pam.
- Set roast on top of soup.
- If using dry onion soup, sprinkle over roast.
- Cover roast with mushrooms.
- Top with remaining can of soup.
- Combine bullion concentrate with hot water.
- Pour around sides of roast.
- Cover & cook on low for 6 - 8 hours depending on your crockpot.
- Remove roast and thicken liquid for gravy add additional pepper to taste.