Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A great recipe for a rolled pork roast like the ones from Costco that tend to be a little dry & tough. The sauce can be thickened with a flour/water sauce for a flavorful gravy with pepper added. No salt is necessary as the condensed soup adds plenty! Sometimes I add 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix sprinkling it right on the meat before cooking, Increase spices according to your taste.
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons better than bouillon, Beef flavor
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 rolled pork loin roast (about 4 - 5 lb)
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1/2 pkg )
- Rub combined spices all over roast.
- Place one can of the soup on bottom a crock pot, sprayed with Pam.
- Set roast on top of soup.
- If using dry onion soup, sprinkle over roast.
- Cover roast with mushrooms.
- Top with remaining can of soup.
- Combine bullion concentrate with hot water.
- Pour around sides of roast.
- Cover & cook on low for 6 - 8 hours depending on your crockpot.
- Remove roast and thicken liquid for gravy add additional pepper to taste.
Made this as written with a few adjustments. I omitted the rosemary, mushrooms, dry onion soup mix and the can of cream of mushroom soup. Used a 2 1/2 pound pork loin roast, added a chopped onion, 2 medium potatoes cubed and 3 carrots sliced. Cooked on low for 6 hours and enjoyed the smell during the day. Came out moist with wonderful flavor and tender vegetables. Using 1 can of golden mushroom soup and 1 cup of beef broth there was plenty of thick gravy. Thanks !
Wow! This was so good and so easy! I followed the recipe to a tee, with the exception of adding potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, peas and corn around the roast at the start of cooking. I'll definitely be making this again and again!
This was really good. I followed the recipe other then I didn't use rosemary as I didn' t have any and I used a whole packet of onion soup as I didn't realize it said half until I was going to rate this. We really enjoyed this and really liked the gravy.