Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From our family gourmet chef, my sister-in-law Tammy...with my own twist of course!
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Brown the chops in the chicken broth.
- Mix half of the can of the apple pie filling, the lemon juice, chicken bouillon and the cinnamon in the crock pot.
- Place browned chops on top of the mixture in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- To serve, arrange chops on a platter. Heat the remaining apple pie filling and spoon on top of chops. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
Great easy dinner and there are few things I love more than pork chops and apples. I ended up browning the chops along with a diced onion and threw it all into the crock pot. I also found that mine took an hour or two less than called for but still delicious.
Would be fun to try to a homemade apple mix as well -- sliced apples, brown sugar, etc. Great stuff.
** Also a great post-Thanksgiving leftovers recipe when you have an extra can or two of apple pie filling but can't stand the sight of turkey at that point.
Very good and incredibly easy! The only change I made was to dump the second half of the apples on top of the chops about 1/2 hour before serving. Served it over rice with some of the yummy gravy. It's one my son in college will be able to make himself and for that I am gratetful!
This was incredible! So easy to make...my husband first said he wasnt very hungry, he just wanted a small plate. Well, he went back for 2 more "small plates"! I WILL be making this again, thanks Hippie!