Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tender and very flavorful chops. All you need is a veggie and you have a satisfying dinner.
Make and share this Crock Pot Pork Chops on Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 2⁄3 cup converted white rice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- In a skillet, combine rices with butter.
- Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in onion, mushrooms, sage, salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Pour rice mixture into slow cooker.
- Arrange chops over rice.
- Combine consommé and Worcestershire sauce and pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Combine remaining thyme with paprika and nutmeg; sprinkle over chops before serving.