5 hrs 15 mins
Tender and very flavorful chops. All you need is a veggie and you have a satisfying dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2/3 cup converted white rice
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- 2In a skillet, combine rices with butter.
- 3Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in onion, mushrooms, sage, salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Pour rice mixture into slow cooker.
- 5Arrange chops over rice.
- 6Combine consommé and Worcestershire sauce and pour over chops.
- 7Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- 8Combine remaining thyme with paprika and nutmeg; sprinkle over chops before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Chops on Rice
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 1175.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 45.8 g