Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I am always looking for crock pot dinners that aren't bland and blah. I found this one in one of my Mom's cookbooks and it really is nice for an easy crock pot meal that has good flavor too.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pork loin chops with bone
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Brown pork chops on both sides, set aside.
- Combine soup, mushrooms, mustard, broth, garlic, salt, basil and pepper in crock pot.
- Add potatoes and onion, stirring to coat. Place pork chops on top of potatoe mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
We loved it!! I added baby carrots and sliced the potatoes thicker. The meat was very moist and tender. Cooked it longer on medium so we could play/boat on the lake all day. I suggest adding extra potatoes, they have wonderful flavor. My oldest brother LOVED it and called his friends to tell them how good it was. I had planned to have leftovers, but the whole dinner was eaten that night. Will go in my permanent file and will get made many times. Finger lickin' good!! NCE
Love this recipe! I left out the mushrooms as I never seen to have any on hand. Great flavor!
This is very flavorful and cooks up juicy and tender. I lft out the mushrooms since DH doesn't like them, but otherwise made as written. Was a nice meal to have on a cool-rainy day. Made for Help a Naked Recipe Tag in the Photo Forum.