Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From 101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker, this is a simple meal and the sauce is good over mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Place meat in greased 3 1/2 to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Top with onions and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup mix, water, and soup.
- Pour over mushrooms and pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.
Loved It! This is how I cooked it -- doubled the cream of mushroom soup, used one large (Very large, that's why only one) onion, Replaced the water with Milk (1%) and used 10 oz of fresh baby bella mushrooms whole. 6 hours on low and half way through I added 4 medium cut up (each into 12-16 pieces) yellow potatoes. I waited only to make sure their owuld be enough "gravy" to cook them and there was plenty. Next time I may simply quarter them and add at the beginning.
My little ones LOVED it! Thanks for posting!
My new regular pork chops and gravy recipe. I used two cans low-sodium soup and about 1/2 cup water, since I cooked 8 chops. No fork needed! Thanks for this yummy, easy recipe!
Delicious! This dish was quick and easy to put together and was so full of flavor. I did brown my pork chops lightly in some oil before putting them in the crockpot, and they were fork-tender in about 7 hours. I wanted the gravy to be thicker so during the last few minutes of cooking, I turned the crockpot to "high" and stirred in a slurry of about 1/2 c. evaporated milk and 1/4 c. flour. Also, I used white wine instead of the water and 1 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms instead of the canned. I served this over garlic mashed red potatoes and it was a big hit. Thanks for sharing. *Made for 2008 Football Pool*