Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From the FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT COOKBOOK, Feasting with Your Slow Cooker by Dawn J. Ranck, Phyllis Pellman Good. Very easy and very good. The sauce is great over mashed potatoes too.
- 8 pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, onion, and evaporated.
- milk until smooth.
- Pour over chops.
- Cook on High 3 to 4 hours, or Low 6 to 8 hours.
- To increase flavor, stir 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream, or 1/4 cup sherry, into.
- mixture during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
This is just the kind of dinner DH loves and whats not to love about the crock pot. Great tasting creamy gravy that I added a 1/4 of a red pepper to just because it was in the fridge. I was going to make mashed spuds but stuff came up and I used leftover rice. Even so it was still delicious. With it's easy prep and DH's smile I'm sure that this will be making repeat appearances. Made for PAC, Fall '09.
I have tried several crock pot pork chop recipes and this one was voted as the favorite for our family! I did add 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika for a little zip to it. The gravy was delicious over the mashed potatoes. Even my youngest, who never eats gravy on her mashed potatoes loved it! I bet you could dice up potatoes too and just throw them in with the pork chops and that would be good as well. Thanks for the recipe! It was great!