Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This one pot meal makes my life easier. I usually serve it with greens beans or peas to round out the meal.
- 6 lean pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, soup, milk, sour cream seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat juices run clear.
I didn't have any hash browns so I used a bag of tater tots instead. I also cooked on low for about 7 hours, instead of High for 3 1/2 hours. The chops were a bit dry, so I may try layering them between the potato mixture next time, or put some sort of sauce (BBQ?) on top of them. Tasted great!!
I thought the potatoes were just okay, and the chops were really dry, like the other reviewer mentioned. Strange, since most times the crock pot magic makes everything tender. Maybe if you put the potatoes on top of the pork they would stay more moist??
Forget the chops I just want the potatoes. They wre so good and creamy. The pork was really dry.