Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This one pot meal makes my life easier. I usually serve it with greens beans or peas to round out the meal.
Top Review by oldcougarz
I didn't have any hash browns so I used a bag of tater tots instead. I also cooked on low for about 7 hours, instead of High for 3 1/2 hours. The chops were a bit dry, so I may try layering them between the potato mixture next time, or put some sort of sauce (BBQ?) on top of them. Tasted great!!
- 6 lean pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, soup, milk, sour cream seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat juices run clear.