Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This originally was a Campbell's Soup recipe which I doctored for our taste and adapted it for my crock pot too. This is great for a Fall or Winter meal. It is also yummy served over mashed potatoes. Since it was reviewed, I have altered it to make it more tasty.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -10 1⁄2 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 large sweet onions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (or white)
- Slice onions.
- In a bowl mix tomato soup, sherry and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Mix flour thoroughly in water and add to soup mixture, stirring.
- Place 1/2 of the tomato soup mixture in bottom of crock pot, then put pork chops in and cover with sliced onions.
- Pour rest of tomato soup mixture over everything and cook on low for 8 hours. (DO NOT REMOVE LID).
- Serve on bed of rice.
This was OK, not too bad but not one of those that I would make again BUT- it was super easy and I had all the ingredients and my DH thought it was pretty good. My kids didn't really like it so that's a reason I wouldn't opt to make it again. It was better with the onions I thought. My kids didn't want the onions and they added a nice sweetness.