Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
An easy recipe that produces tender pork chops with a wonderful gravy, I used a 3/4-inch thick center cut pork chops and browned them first, you may increase the amount of pork chops and double the sauce recipe, this can also be made in the oven for a shorter time :)
- 6 pork chops (cut 1/2 - 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 onion (sliced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Place the pork chops in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with onions and garlic over and around the chops.
- In a bowl mix together all remaining ingredients except the salt; pour over the chops.
- Cook on low setting for about 7 hours or until the pork chops are cooked through and tender (cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of your pork chops).
- Season with salt to taste if desired.
- Serve over rice.
Excellent recipe... Some of my kids are pretty picky and they even loved it! I was afraid from the reviews that it may be too salty, but I made it exactly by the recipe and it was great. I will make this again for sure!
Very good recipe! I used 8 boneless pork chops and made 1 1/2 times the sauce ingredients. Cooked for 7 hours on low and they were very tender. One hour before they were done, I added some water with cornstarch to thicken up the sauce. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Yum!
Usually I follow recipes to the "T" the first time but on this one, I doubled the sauce as many suggested, and only used the 1/2 C of soy sauce as many had stated it was overwhelming. The pork chops were very tender, but to me the sauce tasted a great deal like French Onion soup. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just not what I had expected.