5 hrs 15 mins
Chef LovenStamps's Note:
Adapted from a recipe by Jen Santiago (http://www.recipezaar.com/member/137839): I needed a pot of chili to take to a Cook-Off, and had pork chops on hand. I tweaked Jen's recipe for pork chops with chili sauce, then I added tomatoes and kidney beans in the last 2 hours of cooking to make a pot of chili. Got great reviews from my friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brown onions in oil.
- 2Add garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water and ketchup.
- 3Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- 4Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
- 5Cover and cook for 20 minutes on HIGH.
- 6Turn to LOW HEAT for 3 1/2 hours.
- 7Add beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for another 1 1/2 hours, for a total of 5 hours cooking on LOW heat.
- 8The pork will fall off the bones. Remove bones and serve.
- 9If you're in a hurry, you can add the tomatoes and beans earlier and cut the total cooking time. In my crock pot, the pork is well-cooked at about 4 hours.
- 10Note: This is the kid-friendly not-very-spicy version. For extra heat, feel free to add more chili powder.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Chop Chili
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 34.3 g