Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Adapted from a recipe by Jen Santiago (http://www.recipezaar.com/member/137839): I needed a pot of chili to take to a Cook-Off, and had pork chops on hand. I tweaked Jen's recipe for pork chops with chili sauce, then I added tomatoes and kidney beans in the last 2 hours of cooking to make a pot of chili. Got great reviews from my friends!
- Lightly brown onions in oil.
- Add garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, water and ketchup.
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Arrange pork chops in crock pot, pour sauce over the chops.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on HIGH.
- Turn to LOW HEAT for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for another 1 1/2 hours, for a total of 5 hours cooking on LOW heat.
- The pork will fall off the bones. Remove bones and serve.
- If you're in a hurry, you can add the tomatoes and beans earlier and cut the total cooking time. In my crock pot, the pork is well-cooked at about 4 hours.
- Note: This is the kid-friendly not-very-spicy version. For extra heat, feel free to add more chili powder.