Recipe by Beeracuda
A great recipe to use for making BBQ sandwiches, with just a bit of kick! Just in time for warm weather and picnics!
Top Review by Keee
This was sooo good!! I only had a 2 lb pork loin so I cut back on the other ingredients a little but not much. I also cooked it on high for about 4 hours; it turned out fine but next time I'm going to try cooking it longer on low as the recipe indicates. My boyfriend and I took it over to a friend's for dinner and everyone loved it! Thanks so much!
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite flavor is fine, but one with honey is better for this recipe.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon texas pete hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour most of BBQ sauce into crock pot, reserving approximately 4 oz for later.
- Place pork loin in crock pot.
- Sprinkle diced onion over meat and sauce.
- Add salt and pepper on top of meat.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper over top of meat.
- Drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over meat.
- Drizzle hot sauce over meat.
- Cook covered on low for 6 hours.
- Increase heat to High for 1 hour.
- Pork should be well-shredded. Shred any remaining large chunks, and stir entire mixture.
- Serve over onion rolls or potato rolls, with coleslaw, if desired.