My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless pork roast
- 3 cups tart apples, thinly sliced (I used Granny Smiths)
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced (I used vidalia)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1Season pork roast with salt and pepper.
- 2Brown on all sides in a skillet.
- 3Meanwhile, put a layer of apples on the bottom of the crock pot.
- 4When the meat is browned, throw it on top of the apples.
- 5Throw in the rest of the apples, the onion, and the cranberries around and on top of the pork.
- 6Mix the apple cider, the chicken broth, the brown sugar and the sage.
- 7Pour over the pork and fruits.
- 8Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours until the pork falls apart when you poke it with a fork.
- 9Shred the pork and mix well with the sauce.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork, Apple and Cranberry Stew
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 208.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g