Recipe by Doreen Randal
This one is tasty, I usually get it ready the night before then put it in the crock pot and leave it on low all day.
- 700 g lean pork
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 large onions
- 225 g mushrooms
- 25 g flour
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 4 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork into cubes and brown lightly in the oil.
- Add chopped capsicum, thinly slice onions and sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, stock, tomato puree, sage (if using), salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the pips and chop the flesh.
- Add to the onions etc., then place in the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW 7 - 8 hours.