Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easy, no fuss crock pot dinner. I serve this aside of mashed potatoes or Browned Buttered Egg Noodles and applesauce. Recipe is courtesy of "Fix It and Forget About It" cookbook, with a few of my own adaptations to the recipe.
- 1 lb boneless pork chops or 1 lb pork steaks
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, to taste (optional)
- Place the chops in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer onions, parsley and cabbage on top of chops; salt and pepper.
- Pour beef broth over layers; add apple cider vinegar.
- Cover; cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
I made this as the recipe is written, except for adding celery, potatoes and carrots to it. It was good the first day (about a 3 star), but the 2nd and 3rd day, it was even better. I used bone-in chops, for added flavor and they were tender. Thanks for posting this recipe. I love cabbage and this was good comfort food for a busy winter day.
We thought this was really good - especially for being low carb. We skipped the onions and added a few carrots. It was very flavorful, and the meat was tender and delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe. Loved the vinegar with it. Also added carrots and used sea salt. Cooked for 7 hours on low. Family loved this!