Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This rich and flavorful crock pot recipe is one of the easiest to make. Just open cans, plop food in the slow cooker, turn it on, and dinner is ready when you are. From Linda Larsen, Your Guide to Busy Cooks @ about.com.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- In 3-4 quart crock pot, combine onion, pork and beans, ketchup and mustard and stir to blend.
- Add chops to crock pot, pushing some down into the bean mixture.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until pork is tender.
I prepared this in the crock pot one morning on a day that I was going to be out that evening. I came home to rave reviews from my family. The only reason it didn't get a 5 star rating is that after I added the second Tbsp of mustard, I tasted the bean mixture and the mustard was overpowering. I wound up adding another 1/3 cup of ketchup and a half Tablespoon of brown sugar to get it to balance out. I think next time I will try 3 teaspoons of mustard instead of 3 tablespoons and see how that goes. After that little hiccup, I put it in the crock pot and cooked it on low for 8 hours and the pork chops were fall apart tender. My husband said he had trouble getting them out of the crock pot. They also soaked up the flavor of the other items in the crock pot nicely. I served it with green beans (from a can) and homemade corn bread. I will definitely make this again on a day that I'm not going to be around to cook! Thanks for posting!