Recipe by anonymous
Simple, easy and so delicious, pork just pulls apart. You must serve over mashed potatoes--to die for!! Makes a lot of gravy, save leftover gravy--can be used over chicken the next day! Must be served with mashed potatoes--so good! NOTE: Marinate may be hard to find now--If you can not locate the marinade mix, you can order online at: www.yourfoodstore.com---so worth it!
Top Review by barefootmommawv
Sinfully delish. Very heavy meal. We will have this again and soon I hope. I used drippings from a chicken to make the gravy. Excellent! I made this for My 3 Chefs Nov 08.
- 2 -3 lbs pork roast (or larger!) or 2 -3 lbs pork loin (or larger!)
- 3 (1 ounce) packets chicken gravy mix (3 dry packets, you can use less, but modify the water(1 cup per packet accordingly)
- 1⁄2 ounce Italian herb seasoning (has to be Durkee Grill Creations Italian Herb Marinade Mix, use 1/2 dry packet)
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- cajun seasoning, powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut slits in pork and place in crock pot.
- In separate bowl, mix chicken gravy packets, marinade mix packet, water and oil.
- Pour over pork.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on pork.
- Cook 8-10 hours.
- If possible, cut pork and stir gravy over pork during cooking.
- Serve gravy over mashed potatoes.
- NOTE: If you can not locate the marinade mix, you can order online at: www.yourfoodstore.com.