Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice (long grain)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- In mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, scallion, green pepper, pepper.
- Shape meat mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place meatballs in crock pot.
- Pour soup over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7-8 hours.
I did add garlic to the meat mixture as I HAVE to have grarlic in meatballs. I also used 1 cream of mushroom and I golden mushroom as I was out of tomato soup (how did that happen?). The flavor was fantastic, but it came out more like chunky meat sauce for me than meatballs. Still very yummy, but not really what I was expecting. The meatballs really did not stay together at all.
I am rating this on having it posted. I wanted to do my own recipe for porcupine balls but in the crock and this fit the bill. So the five stars is for giving me the rice to meat ratio. My way of saying thanks for posting.