Recipe by Mandiemoo
Porcupine meat balls are quick and easy to make for my kids, and now I have a slower cooker (crock pot) they are even easier As an added bonus i buy more of the mince and make double batches of the balls and freeze them so easy to take them out and pop in cooker with everything else Also can make the balls as mini's for parties, they are a great hit.
Top Review by Nancy Ann G
This was very blah. I've made similar in the oven, using tomato sauce. Even though we like tomato soup and I added some tomato sauce to this, it didn't help. I'll stick with my oven recipe. Everyone has different tastes!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (600gm) or 1 lb lamb (600gm)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato soup (420gm each)
- Mix ground beef, rice, onions, egg and seasonings. With hands, shape into small meatballs 1inch to 1 1/2 inch (3cmm) are best shape.
- Add to crock pot with tomato soup.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours (as slow cookers vary).
- As an extra sometimes I put two handfuls of rice into the soup.
- This can also be cooked on the stove top but add 2 tins of water and cook covered for 1 hour).