Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Not much prep work and you come home to a filling meal
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can turkey chili with beans
- 1⁄4 cup leek, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine cornmeal and cold water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread over the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker In a medium bowl, combine turkey chili, leeks and chicken.
- Spoon into center of the polenta mixture.
- Cover and cook on low about 5 hours.
- 15 minutes prior to serving, top with cheese.