Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe came from Feb. 2005 Women's Day magazine. Very quick and easy to prepare this meal. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup roasted yellow peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl mix the ground turkey, 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce, peppers, 1/4 cup of the cheese blend, bread crumbs, onion, diced pepperoni (reserve the sliced), egg, garlic and salt until blended.
- Pat the mixture over the bottom of a 3 1.2 qt slow cooker (if using a larger cooker, pat the mixture to a 8 inch round).
- Spread the top with 1/4 cup marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Spread the remaining marinara sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, then top with remaining pepperoni slices.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
I actually made this into pizza burgers instead of a meatloaf. It turned out great. You can read all about it here: http://edesiasnotebook.blogspot.com/2011/04/slow-cooker-pizza-turkey-burgers.html