Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Made this for a family reunion several years back. Tasty stuff, but definitely something you'd want to save for occasions like family reunions, church potlucks--anything where there will be LOTS of people, because it makes a solid ton. This recipe, while tasty on its own, would certainly not be hurt by the addition of whatever pizza-type toppings you like!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- In a skillet, cook sausage until it is no longer pink; drain.
- Cook pasta; drain.
- in a 5 quart slow cooker, layer 1/2 the sausage, pasta, cheese, onion, pizza sauce, and pepperoni. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for hours.
I've been making this for years and it's DH's favorite meal! I add a can of cream of mushroom soup and sliced olives. I also use pasta sauce, as it's cheaper then pizza sauce usually. Yummy!
This was so easy to make and very delicious. My husband raved about it!