Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A nice twist to regular potatoes
- 8 medium peeled and halved potatoes
- 2 large chopped onions
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- Place potatoes in bottom of crock pot.
- Place smoked sausage on top of potatoes.
- Pour pizza sauce on top.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- I have also added cubed pepperoni instead of smoked sausage.
We did this with cooked chicken sausages rather than the italian sausage suggested. Really nice, easy to set-and-forget for a lovely hearty meal after a day out hiking. Potato was a lovely change from the stickiness of pasta. Thanks for this recipe Audrey!