Recipe by Chef Romie
Simple and hearty, this recipe can be easily adapted to suit your families personal taste. I use whatever canned beans are in my pantry. This is always a hit with my family AND my schedule.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This was very nice. Bird is not a big 'bean' eater yet still enjoyed it. I, (Buddha), love em. The kids thought it was really good too. good pizza flavor for beans they said. Thanks Chef Romie. Made for PAC 2007
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2-1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and put in crock pot.
- Sauté green pepper, onion, and garlic in sausage drippings and place in crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese. Stir and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.