Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very easy meal! It can be made in several different ways and even be a vegetarian dish if desired!
- 1 lb hamburger, browned & drained
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded pizza cheese or 1 (12 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (1 lb) box rotini noodles
- Note: You may add anything else you would normally put on a pizza.
- Such as mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- You can also use pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- Layer in crockpot, hamburger, noodles, pepperoni, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Make sure cheese is on top.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low in crockpot.
i loved it except i used pinwheel pasta and added green peppers and onions and parmasan cheese and ommited the pepperoni and hamburger.it was delightful:)
I used italian sausage in lieu of pepperoni for this recipe. The pizza sauce flavor interested me but in the end it just tasted like a nice hamburger helper. I was afraid the noodles would be mushy so I didn't pre-cook them all the way and their consistency was fine with the time and temp listed. My kids love pizza, spaghetti, and lasagne but they didn't care for this at all. My husband and I liked it alright. It makes a good crock casserole but again-needs some sprucing up to be spectacular. Thanks for the idea though; going to keep it on hand and experiment with it.