Recipe by Just Janie
A hearty, meaty pizza flavored casserole with the ease of using a crock pot. Serve with garlic bread & green salad. Easily scaled down for smaller meals.Decrease amounts of cheeses for a lighter version. Originally from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Brenda.
Made for PAC Fall 2006. This was delicious! I made the recipe exactly as written. My DS brought 3 friends home with him and this made enough to feed 4 teenage boys (who had second helpings), DH, myself, and enough leftover for work tomorrow. This really worked out great. Served with Pesto Swirl Rolls for a super dinner. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 28 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 3 1⁄3 ounces sliced pepperoni or 3 1⁄3 ounces Canadian bacon
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Brown ground beef with onion until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add spaghetti sauce & mushrooms to meat.
- Spray large crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place layers in crock pots as follows:.
- 1/3 meat-sauce mixture.
- 1/3 of the egg noodles.
- 1/3 of the pepperoni/canadian bacon slices.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup mozerella cheese.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times.
- Cook on low until heated through. Approximately 3 - 4 hours.