Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I work nights and crockpot recipes are lifesavers. Here is another crockpot recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced and halved
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Spray crockpot with pam.
- Cook the noodles.
- In large frying pan Cook onion, garlic and groud beef, drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, italian seasoning.
- Layer in crockpot, 1/3 meat, then noodles, then pepperoni, then cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.
This was a good recipe but I think next time I'll mix my noodles right into my sauce. It didn't set up quite the way I was hoping. I was hoping for more of a layered crockpot dish and this one just kind of heaped out onto the plate but presentation aside it was very good.
Made this for the kids and Grandma, but I snuck a few noodles on my way out (Mommy and Daddy had a date!). It was really good and it smelled awesome. I did add a little extra sauce to help cover the noodles and I mixed up the cheese a little using 4 c. of mozzarella, a c. of cheddar, and a c. of colby/jack. The kids had a great time helping make it. I let them half the pepperoni with a pair of scissors and layer the cheese. My four year old talked about it all day, and then he actually ate it, a good bit of it, which is a miracle. It did get dark around the edges, but not to the point of burnt and I'll caution that I started making it in my smaller (4 qt.) crock pot and I had to switch to my bigger (6/7 qt.) one which was filled almost to the top.
This is a very good recipe. I added left over taco meat from the night before instead of regular ground beef and left out the pepperoni. I guess you could say we made it a "crock pot TACO pizza", none the less it was very good and we'll be having it again.