Recipe by WhittySmith
This is a really good and easy slow cooker recipe for pinto beans, it's really good with some fresh cornbread on the side. One of my favorites!! You can add the jalapenos to your taste. We like it with a little kick but it's just as good without them.
Top Review by Debbie W.
I was looking for a crock pot pinto bean recipe that would make beans that were tasty and want you to come back for more. I used jalapenos from the garden that made this recipe perfect. So easy to prepare, will prepare again and again!
- 453.59 g package dried pinto beans
- 907.18 g box chicken broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 jalapenos, finely chopped (i like it spicy you can leave this out)
- 2.46 ml cumin powder (also optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse dried pintos under cool water and drain
- Put them into a large bowl and cover with hot water and let sit over night.This helps cut down on cooking time and take some of the "gas" out. They will swell quite a bit so you need a large bowl.
- In the morning, rinse beans well with cool water, drain and then put in crock pot.
- Add chicken broth and all other ingredients.
- Fill with water till water is about an inch or 2 above beans.
- Cook on low all day for about 8-9 hours.
- Cook up some cornbread and you are ready to eat!