Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A perfect mix of sweet & tangy! I use 2 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breasts.
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into pieces)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 30 ounces kidney beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 22 ounces pineapple chunks, save juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces salsa (more or less)
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- Saute chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in pineapple juice.
- Mix everything in crock-pot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
This is a very simple recipe to follow and I have won more than 3 Chili cookoffs. I like to keep it in the crock pot over night and the lowest setting pissible so it does not burn - this allows the pineapple to soak into the chicken. Prior to serving, I add a little bit more pineapple juice and chuncks of chicken. k TO make the pot look pretty - I put RINGS of pineapple over the entire top of the Chili.
Trust me - everyone will be asking for this recipe !!