Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prepare this ahead of time, plug in and cook when needed. Freeze leftovers. Serve over rice or use as tortilla filling (with cheese, salsa etc) or for quick burritos
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Cook beef at med-high heat 5 minutes.
- Drain and add to crock pot.
- Add all ingredients except green pepper.
- Cook on low 7 hours.
- Increase to high, add green peppers and cook 15 minutes.
I should have taken heed from the other review but this was bad. Very bland. Would not recommend.
This recipe was a little bland. Had to add some additional seasoning. I added a little taco seasoning and it turned out ok. I did like how easy it was to make and that I could put it all in a crockpot and slow cook it.
I thought this was tasty, not bland at all. I loved how easy it was to make, and my family loved it. We used it for soft tacos. I will definately make it again. Yummmmm...