Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Prepare this ahead of time, plug in and cook when needed. Freeze leftovers. Serve over rice or use as tortilla filling (with cheese, salsa etc) or for quick burritos
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Cook beef at med-high heat 5 minutes.
- Drain and add to crock pot.
- Add all ingredients except green pepper.
- Cook on low 7 hours.
- Increase to high, add green peppers and cook 15 minutes.
I should have taken heed from the other review but this was bad. Very bland. Would not recommend.
This recipe was a little bland. Had to add some additional seasoning. I added a little taco seasoning and it turned out ok. I did like how easy it was to make and that I could put it all in a crockpot and slow cook it.
I thought this was tasty, not bland at all. I loved how easy it was to make, and my family loved it. We used it for soft tacos. I will definately make it again. Yummmmm...