Recipe by LifeIsGood
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. You can't get much easier than this! With little prep work, all ingredients get mixed into the crock pot to create a complete meal. The pesto and ranch combine to make a delicious sauce that coats the chicken, potatoes and carrots. Our family just loved this recipe and I hope that you do, too! Feel free to adjust the amount of veggies to your liking.
Top Review by diner524
Wow!!! My house smelled wonderful while this was cooking, couldn't wait to eat it for my lunch. I scaled back the recipe and used boneless, skinless chicken breast. I used recipe#234198, #234198 for the pesto sauce, which also worked well for my Weight Watcher diet. Since I was at home, I made mine in the oven. I covered it and cooked for about 1 hour at 275 degrees and then uncovered it for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Thanks for sharing the recipe and good luck with the contest!!
- 4 -6 red potatoes (use 4 if your potatoes are large, 6 if they are small)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in and skin removed. (If you use boneless, decrease cooking time)
- 6 ounces pesto sauce
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (can use as little as 1/4 C)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes in half if they are small or into quarters if they are large.
- Put the potatoes, baby carrots and shallots into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and chicken broth with the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix until completely combined.
- Pour the pesto/ranch mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Mix everything together so the sauce covers all ingredients.
- Put the lid onto your crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.