1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Persian Lamb Stew
5 hrs 15 mins
Persian lamb stew sends wonderful flavors your way - not spicy - just a nice blend of flavors. A meal in one pot. Serve with a salad on the side and crusty rolls to scoop up the last of the sauce. I was very pressed for time today to make this recipe so I just put everything in the crock pot with out browning anything and it turned out heavenly - 1/2 hour on high then 4 hours on low. I used 4 shoulder steaks bone in. I did cut off any fat. Also I threw in a carrot. I love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut int 1/2 inch slices
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Season the lamb with about half of the salt & pepper.
- 2In a skillet over medium-high heat& 2 tbs of oil brown the lamb and transfer the lamb, when browned, to a 3 1/2 quart crock pot.
- 3Sauté the onions in the last tbs of oil until they are translucent 3-5 minutes Add the garlic& oregano, cook& stir approx 1 minute.
- 4Add tomatoes and simmer, smashing the tomatoes as you stir.
- 5Pour approx half of the tomatoes over the lamb in the crock pot.
- 6Place potatoes in a layer on top of the tomatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- 7Add a layer of green beans, then the eggplant and zucchini.
- 8Season each layer lightly with salt & pepper to your taste.
- 9Pour remaining tomatoes on top.
- 10Add bay leaves.
- 11Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- 12Remove bay leaves & serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Persian Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 453.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 41.7 g