Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy dip that you can make ahead and will be ready when guests arrive.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced, chopped
- 8 medium green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Mix pizza sauce, pepperoni, onions, bell pepper and olives in a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in mozzarella and cream cheese until melted.
this was a total success!! i usually make taco dip for the office on saturdays, but have been looking for other crock pot dips to rotate with. everyone loved this and not a bite was left! i doubled the recipe and instead of the olives, i used a jar of sliced pepperoncini peppers. i also added a teaspoon of italian seasoning, garlic powder, crushed fennel seed and cracked black pepper. instead of pizza sauce, i used a jar of spaghetti sauce that i had on hand. in order to make it less greasy, i microwaved the pepperoni for about 1 minute and then blotted all the grease off before adding to the crock pot. served with fritos scoops, pretzel rods, and sesame breadsticks.
This was great and super easy. I was in a rush and made it on the stove and then transferred to crock pot to keep warm. Left out onion, pepper & olives to make more kid-friendly, but added jar of pureed baby food veggies instead. Leftover dip made an awesome pasta sauce with some added chopped tomatoes tossed with rotini. Will definitely do again and double to ensure leftovers for sauce.
Raves from everyone and they all said "this tastes just like pizza"! I used half the amount of pepperoni because 6 oz. seemed like too much to me. Served with bread sticks fresh out of the oven!