Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a recipe DH and I begged off a former co-worker, Barbara, years ago. She brought it to a potluck, and our co-workers raved about it. It's a beef roast (your choice of cut) with a whole jar of pepperoncinis and juice dumped into a Crock Pot and cooked on low for 8 hours. The beef turns out amazingly tender and tangy but not spicy, and the peppers soften and absorb the juices wonderfully. Eat the beef with the pepperoncinis or without. Sometimes we serve it on burger buns or without. Left-overs are yummy too--cold or hot!
Top Review by Kerstin Howard
Wow, this is yummy. My husband loved it! He ate the beef on a potato roll with the pepperoncini's. I am not a big beef eater, but belive it or not I had 2 helpings. I altered the recipe a tiny bit by adding a little bit of flour and italian spices.
- 1 (5 lb) beef roast
- 1 (32 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (with juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef roast in a 10 quart Crock Pot and dump in the entire jar of pepperoncinis, including the juice.
- If the liquid does not come to the top of the beef roast, add just enough water to be level with the top of the roast.
- Set Crock Pot on low heat and cook for 8-10 hours.
- To serve, drain juices from meet but reserve pepperoncinis. Shred meat on a platter and arrange pepperoncinis around the outside. Serve on a burger bun or beef only with or without pepperoncinis.