If you are a fan (or know of one) of pepperoncini peppers, then this recipe is for you!!!! This makes the absolute best beef sandwiches to enjoy with friends during the big game, or just to share with the family. The pepperoncini flavor is subtle, not overpowering! Everyone will love this, and, your house will smell wonderful!!! Enjoy!!!
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Pour Onion soup mix, beef, and chicken broths over roast.
- Cut tops and stems off each pepperoncini pepper, and return them to their original jar in the juice.
- Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast and mix with large spoon to blend soups.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 11 hours.
- (note - 11 hours, not 8 hours like most recipes)This is important to the success of this roast.
- The last 1/2 hour of cooking time, take roast out of crock pot and "shred" the meat apart with a knife, and return meat to the juices in crock pot for 30 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite bun or hoagie roll, with extra juice on the side.
- Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over beef sandwich and microwave for 35 seconds before serving, then spoon additional au jus over the bread!
Delicious! Tons of flavor! SUPER easy and fast! House smelled amazing walking in the door after a long day of work! Enough exclamation points? :)
I love recipes that take 5 minutes to prep and zero utensils. This truly is a busy mom's dream recipe! I added 1/2 jar (and juice) of hot banana peppers to give it more 'kick', based on some reviews I'd read.
I drained the juice from some of the remaining meat and the next night used the shredded beef for taco salad. I love how versatile the recipe is!
I love pepperoncini. I use it frequently in many things, and use the liquid as salad dressing, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. I did not see the need to use the actual peppers when I had so much "juice" on hand, so I just used the liquid from the peppers. The flavor was excellent and gave a different taste to a common pot roast.
My husband is a huge fan of pepperoncini peppers, so I just had to try this! For the inexpensive meat, I used two 2lb outside round beef roasts which we cooked on low for 10 1/2 hours. Our beef was tender, but not shredding apart as I was expecting. Next time, I would try a different cut of beef. I also agree with a previous reviewer, the flavour from the pepperoncinis didn't stand out. A bit disappointing, considering the title and description make you believe the peppers will be a dominating flavour in the recipe. Hence my 3 star rating. Thank you for posting this recipe!