Recipe by Sarah
Similar to some of the other pot roast recipes here, but I couldn't find one quite like this. Very few ingredients makes this one easy pot roast to make and the gravy is delicious. Great to come home from work to.
Top Review by Stardustannie
I used only water in place of the beef stock on this one as I find the French onion soup mix to be a bit salty sometimes. I cooked mine for a lot longer than stated because I wanted to shred the meat and use in a toasted roll along with the gravy. After cooking I removed the meat and let the gravy cool so I could skim the the small about of fat from the top before heating and thickening slightly. The gravy was fab and the recipe a nice introduction to the crock pot.
- 1 1⁄2-2 kg beef roast
- 1 (40 g) packet pepper sauce
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 cups beef stock
- cornflour (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub all over roast.
- Place beef in slow cooker and add beef stock.
- Mix any left over of the dry ingredients into the stock.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove pot roast and either serve with gravy as is, or mix corn flour with cold water to thicken.