Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Similar to some of the other pot roast recipes here, but I couldn't find one quite like this. Very few ingredients makes this one easy pot roast to make and the gravy is delicious. Great to come home from work to.
- 1 1⁄2-2 kg beef roast
- 1 (40 g) packet pepper sauce
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 cups beef stock
- cornflour (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub all over roast.
- Place beef in slow cooker and add beef stock.
- Mix any left over of the dry ingredients into the stock.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove pot roast and either serve with gravy as is, or mix corn flour with cold water to thicken.
I used only water in place of the beef stock on this one as I find the French onion soup mix to be a bit salty sometimes. I cooked mine for a lot longer than stated because I wanted to shred the meat and use in a toasted roll along with the gravy. After cooking I removed the meat and let the gravy cool so I could skim the the small about of fat from the top before heating and thickening slightly. The gravy was fab and the recipe a nice introduction to the crock pot.