Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A simple crock pot recipe for tender chicken. Serve over hot rice or noodles. UPDATE: Do to the many comments about too little liquid, I have added an optional chicken broth.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.
My wife loved this dish and it was so easy to make. To give this a more Thai flavor I would substitute a can of coconut milk for the chicken stock and add 1/2 -1 tsp of Thai curry paste ( I use Thai Kitchens Red Curry). Garnish with chopped peanuts and scallions
I enjoyed this recipe! My measurements might have been a little off because I only made four servings, but the finished dish was tasty. I used the suggested chicken broth and thickened the sauce at the end with some flour. Tastes great over rice and makes the house smell wonderful! I'll be making this one again.
this recipe was ok. i actually used more peanut butter (about 1 cup) and all the optional ingredients. i had to thicken the sauce with a little flour and ended up adding a little more of the orange juice, soy sauce, and honey to bring more flavor out. it still ended up kinda bland though.