Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is adapted from www.crock-pot.com. I guestimated the number of servings.
- 2 lbs fresh peaches or 2 lbs canned peaches, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- Drain peaches, if using canned peaches.
- Place the peaches in the crock. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over peaches.
- Add the butter or margarine and stir until crumbly.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
I think the butter is off - as the topping was a runny consistency - not crumbly at all. I also wish I had added some tapioca for thickening to the fruit. I added a few blueberries to it.
Since it looked like an easy recipe I tried it but I also thought this was too "soupy". I did use fresh peaches (right off the tree, not canned. Because of it being too watery for my tastes I added about 1 tbsp flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and a dash of salt. This got it to a cake-like consistency. Tasty though...
tastes good but very soupy.