- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs soup beef bones or 1 1⁄2 lbs ham bones
- 1⁄2 lb dried split peas, rinsed, drained and picked over
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 8 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bones from pot and remove meat from bones. Cut meat into bite size pieces or shred meat, discarding fatty pieces. Return meat to pot.