Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Adopted from Lora Brody's Slow Cooker Cooking.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs soup beef bones or 1 1⁄2 lbs ham bones
- 1⁄2 lb dried split peas, rinsed, drained and picked over
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 8 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bones from pot and remove meat from bones. Cut meat into bite size pieces or shred meat, discarding fatty pieces. Return meat to pot.
This soup was really good and so easy to prepare. I used ham cubes instead of beef. Thanks for a great recipe.