This is a delicious meal and comes together VERY easily! The recipe is versatile. Substitute listed beans for beans you have on hand - same with the vegetables and type of tomatoes! You can add in any additional veggies that you want, including frozen vegetables. This would also make an excellent freezer meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced in coins
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry pasta, saved for later (macaroni is our favorite)
- Brown the beef (or you can use ground turkey if you prefer), drain, and let cool a bit while you handle the other ingredients. If you wish, you can use minced garlic and onion while browning the meat to add a little extra flavor.
- Fill a large crock pot with the chopped carrots, celery, minced onion, rinsed beans, 2 cans of tomatoes, can of pasta sauce, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, and Tabasco sauce. You can also add in any extra vegetables you'd like if you have some on hand to add.
- Add in the pound of meat and stir it all together.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the vegetables are tender, or about 3/4 into the cooking time, stir in the dry pasta and continue until the end of the cooking time.